March 29, 2006

RIDVAN CELEBRATION (Framed and available)

CELEBRATION FOR THE FESTIVAL OF RIDVAN MAY 1863

‘Consider these nightingales. So great is their love for these roses, that sleepless from dusk till dawn, they warble their melodies and commune with burning passion with the object of their adoration. How then can those who claim to be afire with the rose-like beauty of the Beloved choose to sleep?’

About the Festival of Ridvan

Images of the Garden of Ridvan

Oil paint on board 18"x24". Imaginative work completed with a painting knife. Very thick and textured paint. Click on Image for a larger view. Click again in lower right hand after 60 seconds for an even larger view


Detail

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the sense of abstraction in this painting. It provides an element of ambiguity, that holds my attention and allows me to bring a little of myself to its interpretation.

For me, the painting carries a mix of familiarity, novelty and ambiguity--the important ingrediants of good art.

I think it's one of your best.

Cheers...John.
P.S. I posted this at ArtForums as well :)